There are hundreds of custom third-party plugins available by Moodle, and Moodle plugin contributors. Similar to WordPress Plugins, Moodle Plugins can change the look, feel, and functionality of your LMS to fit your requirements. Moodle’s category of available plugins is extensive, and still growing. To make things easier we’ve decided to share with you some must-have Moodle Modules to help foster engaged learners.
- 1. Team Builder - This plugins allows you to create teams based on a criteria (predetermined by you) - these are a set of questions, which you will develop a predicate for based on the answers they provide that will sort them into the teams.
- 2. Dialogue - Students or teachers can privately communicate amongst themselves, or as a group. With the Dialogue plugin users can include document attachments in their posts, and have a time stamped record of their posts.
- 3. Moodle Welcome - Users who are new to Moodle automatically receive a welcome message with step by step instructions on how to get started in Moodle. The plugin is prompted by Moodle’s built in event system, so anytime a new user is created, they will receive the Moodle Welcome message.
- 4. BigBlueButton - BigBlueButton’s platform is integrated into Moodle, allowing users to participate in web conferencing lessons that are led by instructors in real time. In these sessions, instructors can share slides, audio, video, chat, desktops, and a virtual whiteboard. BigBlueButton also archives all recorded sessions, so users can watch recordings again on their own time.
- 5. Face-to-Face - This plugin allows you to manage in-class instructional sessions inside your learning technology suite. The features that the Face-to-Face plugin offers include creating different course dates at various locations as in the screen capture below. As well, Moodle admin can set details like the date, time, description of the lesson, and open seats available for each session.
Are you attending the US Moodle Moot in Los Angeles this month? Lambda Solutions is hosting a few different presentations, including one on Best Moodle Plugins for Blended Learning. Take a look at our presentation program!
Posted on Lambda Solutions Blog on: Jun 08, 2016 07:30:00 AM PST
|Ben is the Director of Application Support for Moodle and Totara LMS|