The idea behind online learning and eLearning, is to utilize technology to engage learners with course material in a dynamic and interactive way. Modern online courses often incorporate elements such as rich video production, audio narration, flash animation, interactive learning games, and more.
While this trend of dynamic and engaging online courses results in beautiful, fun, and effective online courses which can be imported into Moodle and delivered to students and tracked, the process doesn’t come without its share of pitfalls.
One of these pitfals is the bandwidth and server space required to support rich media content within a Moodle course. Videos, flash files, and large pictures can take up a significant amount of space on a server. This causes slow loading times, and system downtime, which can disrupt the learning process for students. Additional hosting servers might be required to remedy this pain, which can become very costly.
What’s the Alternative?
- Create video-based learning objects, assignments, and submissions directly within your LMS.
- Enrich the learning experience and increase student engagement
- Leverage effective video tools for distance learning, flipped classrooms, and social learning
- Support associated files, such as office documents, and close caption files.
- Video Upload & Transcode
- Capture Video/Audio with a microphone
- Stream to all devides
- Metadata (Title, Description, Tags)
- Associated Materials (Closed Captions, Office Docs, etc.)
Posted on Lambda Solutions Blog on: Dec 01, 2016 15:59:54 PM PST
|Ben is the Director of Application Support for Moodle and Totara LMS|