Videos are a great way to boost sales for your product. To setup video functionality in your store, you will need a YouTube API key and our Support team will assist with the configuration. After that, it's super easy!
Step 1: Obtain Your YouTube API Key
To complete the setup for video, you will need to obtain a Youtube API Key. Follow the instructions here: https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3/getting-started
Please ask Support if you need help!
Step 2: Configuration with Lambda Support
Contact Support when you have your API key or if you have troubles getting it. Then they will add it to your Store settings.
Step 3: Link to the Video
- Open a product in edit mode (Catalog > Products, click edit under Action column).
- Then scroll to the Images and Video section, click Add Video.
Note: You need to enter your YouTube API key in order to add video.
- Enter the URL of the YouTube or Vimeo video.
- Enter the Title and Description of the video.
- To upload a Preview Image, click Choose File to upload an image.
- If you prefer to use the video metadata, click Get Video Information.
- To determine how the video is used in the store, mark the checkbox of each Role that applies:
- Base Image
- Small Image
- Swatch Image
- Hide from Product Page
- Once complete, click Save at the top right corner of the page.
You'll probably want to check out how it shows in your Store front to ensure you have all the above settings the way you want them.