With the Custom Certificate module, you can create your own branded certificate templates. Here you'll learn how to set up a certificate template and add it to your course.
Custom Certificate Templates
Custom Certificates are set up at a Site Administration level. Once a template is created, teachers, trainers and course creators can add the certificate template to their courses.
- Go to Site administration>Plugins>Activity modules>Custom certificate>Custom Certificate settings.
- Select Manage templates
- Here you can create, edit, duplicate and delete your certificate templates.
Create & Edit Certificate Templates
- From the Manage Templates page, select, Create template.
- Give your template a name, then select the width and height of your certificate.
NOTE: You can find helpful information by clicking the question mark icons.
- Then start adding Elements to your Certificate
Elements are what make up your certificate, from the border to your logo to the students name, this is how you create your custom design. First you add the elements then you can position them where you want them on your certificate. Once you add a couple of elements, you'll get the hang of it. Let's do some together.
Adding a Background Image
- From the Elements dropdown menu, select Background image and click Add element
- Here you can add a new image using the file picker or use one that you have already uploaded. Once the image has been uploaded, you can use the Image dropdown menu to select your image. You can also rename the element to help you keep track of all the elements.
- Click Save
Adding the Course Name
- From the Elements dropdown menu, select Course name and click Add element
- Here you can select the font and colour preferences as well as the placement on the x and y axis. I'm going to use drag and drop to place the course name on page.
Once you've added a few elements, you can position them on the page by dragging and dropping them to where you'd like them. You can also use the Positions with the X and Y axis in each element.
- Click Reposition elements under the list of elements you have added.
- Your elements might be stacked in the upper left corner of your certificate, so you can start dragging them to where you'd like to place them.
NOTE: Your site name will act as a placeholder for the course name since we are still working at the site level. Once you add the template to a course, the course name will auto-populate this field. I.e., Lambda Solutions Moodle demo is the site name.
- Clicking on the element here will open the element editing page, so you can change the font size, colour, or position it more accurately with the x and y axis.
NOTE: Since the width of my certificate is 210, I'm centring my elements at 105. The reference point is where the crosshairs is located on the repositioning canvas.
Finish adding your elements to your certificate. When you are done, click Save and preview to see your work of art. The preview will download a certificate to your computer.
Adding Certificate Template to Your Courses
Once you have added all the elements to your certificate and positioned them to where you want them, you can add it as a template to your course.
- In your course, turn the editing on and click Add an activity or resource
- Select Custom Certificate
- Give your certificate a name
- Complete the settings options to your preferences
- IMPORTANT: It's a good idea to set a restriction on your certificate otherwise it will issue a certificate to all students as soon as you save it!
- Click Save and return to course after you've finished your module settings (don't worry, we'll add the template next).
- To load the template, click on the Certificate that you just created, then in the Certificate Settings, click on Edit Certificate
- Here you could either create your own certificate OR load your template. To load a template, scroll down to the Load template section, select your template from the dropdown menu and click Load
- Confirm your choice, then click Save changes and preview. Now you can see your custom certificate.
- How Certificates Add Value, Motivation, and Brand Awareness (Master Class)